Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Moore, Oklahoma

Yesterday I saw lots of posts on Twitter from local and national news organizations about the tornado bearing down on Moore, OK yesterday, May 20, 2013.
One of the links was to TV station KFOR who was streaming live.  The view I initially saw was from the helicopter which was showing the devastation as it happened.  The reporter was calling out street names and buildings that appeared to be in the immediate path... oh, and yes, they were in the air with the twister.

This is what I saw live...



I've never seen anything like this before.  The reporter stated that they would not be able to "maintain a hover" because the tornado was "sucking us in". I call that extreme storm chasing.

I heard the raw emotion in their voices as they called out intersections and particular buildings.  The reporters live here.  Their own homes and those of family and friends  were being destroyed at the same time. I felt as if this were happening to my family, like I was in Moore, OK.

After the tornado had "roped out" or finished it's devastation, they panned the lens to see the devastation.  Whole neighborhoods leveled, vehicles stacked in front of the hospital's main entrance, a school decimated, the school where it is reported that 24 third grade students perished.

I pray for the survivors of this catastrophe.  The survivors are all of the volunteers, first responders, reporters... anyone still breathing.  May God draw you all close and comfort you as only He can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment